2022 is here! A new year means a fresh start and another chance to make some changes. Most of us make New Year’s resolutions, but not all of us can stick to them! There are several things you can do to increase your chances of sticking to your New Year’s resolution.
- Start Small: By making your resolutions more realistic, there is a greater chance that you will keep them throughout the year. For example if you aim to eat healthier, try replacing dessert with something else you enjoy, like fruit or yogurt, instead of changing your whole diet and making it a form of punishment.
- Change One Behavior At A Time: Unhealthy behaviors develop over time. Thus, replacing unhealthy behaviors with healthy ones will require time. Don’t get overwhelmed trying to reassess and change everything at once.
- Talk About It: Sharing your struggles and successes with friends and family can make the journey much easier and less intimidating. Consider joining a support group to reach your goal!
- Don’t Beat Yourself Up: Perfection is unattainable. It’s normal and OK to have minor missteps when working towards your goals. Don’t give up completely if you ate that brownie or skipped the gym for a week. Everyone will have their ups and downs – recover from your mistakes and get back on track!
- Ask For Support: Accept help from those who care about you. If you feel overwhelmed or unable to meet your goals, consider seeking professional help – a trainer or a nutritional counselor perhaps.
Studies show that about 60% of us make a resolution every year. Only about 8% of us actually achieve our resolution! If you want to be a part of the 8% follow these tips, work hard, and don’t quit! The Florida Insurance Chick’s™️ resolution is to provide excellent customer service and help our community members receive the insurance coverage they need! Give us a call at (813) 448-7580 or visit us online for your free insurance quote!